In order to promote fitness in kids, we need to make sure that they are getting ample physical exercise because it helps in building strength and confidence. It is very easy for school going children to be physically active, as they have the chance of participating in a number of activities and sports. You simply need to encourage the child, to find something that suits their interest, age, and personality. Lot of parents wonder, how much exercise their kid should be getting every day. Here is the fitness guideline that is recommended for school going to children:
• More than one hour of vigorous physical exercise that can be incorporated in p-lay and games
• Different bouts of physical activity for at least 15 minutes
• Avoiding inactivity for more than 2 hours, unless of course they are sleeping
Practicing Fitness at Home
If you are thinking about fitness, you can get your kids to think about sports. Here are some of health and fitness activities for kids to keep them moving inside the home:
• Make sure that physical activity is a part of their daily routine. You can ask them to run errands for you or can ask them to help you with every day chores.
• You should allow them ample time to play with their friends and siblings. Kids burn a lot of calories when they are left on their own. Some fun activities that every child loves include riding bicycle, playing tag, and building snowman during the winters.
• Make sure that they have all the proper equipment for the sports. You don’t have to buy expensive stuff to promote fitness or to plan health and fitness activities for kids; instead, you can get them jumping ropes, hula hopes, balls, and even a bicycle.
• Make sure that being active is something that everyone in the family practicing. You can’t expect your child to do something that you aren’t doing yourself.
• Limit all the sedentary activities to at least two hours and this includes watching TV, playing video games, and using gadgets.
If you feel that your child is very active, you can take them to the playground, because this is a great way for them to meet and play with other children.
Why Fitness Is Important
Fitness in kids is important because it helps them to learn about healthy completion, meeting challenges, learning about their true potential, learning about teamwork, and teaches them about the value of patience.
Exercise That Promote Fitness
Here are some of the exercises that will promote fitness in kids:
- Wheelbarrow, crab and bear-walk races
- Tickle tag
- Temper tantrum
- Sock skating
- Scavenger hunt
- Pushover Parents
- Popcorn pushups
- Pillow fight
- Obstacle course
- Jumping jacks
- Jump rope
- Hallway bowling
- Freeze dance
- Follow the leader
- Dance party
- Clean-up race
- Bubble wrap attackBubble bashing
- Balloon ball
- Animal races
These are just some of the health and fitness activities for kids that you can plan to keep them fit and healthy.