Approximately 1 in 100 people in the US are suffering from celiac disease. Are you and your kids one of them?
If your family is on a gluten-free diet, it could be a tough time for you to figure out what meals should you be preparing to your kids due to the limited choices of food ingredients.
Gluten free recipes for kids are especially hard to find when it comes to feeding picky eaters.
If you are looking for easy gluten free recipes for kids, this strawberry granola recipe is something you that need to keep in your list. It is perfect to be served as breakfast or snack for your healthy kids!
Grab the ingredients below to try out now!
Via Life Made Sweeter: Strawberry Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats (use gluten free if necessary
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 6 tablespoons honey or maple syrup agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almonds, coconut sugar and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract. Pour over oat mixture and stir until just combined and moistened.
- Spread granola in an even layer onto prepared baking sheet and pat down flat with a spatula or your clean hands.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through. (Do NOT stir granola while baking).
- Remove pan from oven and allow granola to cool completely.
- Once cool, break granola into clusters and transfer to an airtight container. Stir in freeze-dried strawberries and all the chocolate chips.
- Serve with yogurt, fresh strawberries or fruit of of your choice.
Share this Recipe