- 30 gram butter (Plus a little extra for spreading)
- 6 pcs Large free-range eggs
- 2 slices Sourdough or crusty white bread (Griddled or toasted)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices Smoked salmon (from sustainable sources, ask your fishmonger)
- 1 pc Lemon (Quartered)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over a moderate heat until it’s foaming.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add to the saucepan.
- Stir the eggs continuously with something flexible like a spatula to get right into the corners, and cook until little pieces of cooked egg are surrounded by soft, smooth and still quite runny egg.
- The egg will continue to cook even when the heat is turned off, so undercook them slightly and leave them in the pan while you butter your toast.
- Season the eggs to taste and pour over the toast. Drape the salmon over the eggs and serve it with the lemon wedges.
- Add plenty of black pepper and serve immediately.
Share this Recipe