- 1 quarter Marinara Sauce/ Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Milk or Stock
- 1 cup White Beans
- 500 g Chicken or Beef
- 1 box Pasta Gluten free or regular
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella or cheddar
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan For serving, optional
- Salt and pepper For seasoning
- Blend the marinara sauce, milk or stock and beans in a blender or food processor until smooth, about 20-30 seconds.
- Set aside.
- If adding meat, cook until golden brown in a wide and deep skillet over medium heat, stirring often. If skipping the meat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a wide and deep skillet.
- Add the marinara-bean mixture to the pan and stir. Stir in the pasta and combine well. Bring to a simmer, cover, lower the heat to low (you want it at a low simmer) and cook for 20-22 minutes or until the pasta is just soft. Stir once or twice through the cooking process to ensure that the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese. Dollop with the ricotta cheese and serve with Parmesan if desired.
- To make pasta sauce you just need to fry chopped onions with olive oil, add garlic, tomato soup and tomatoes in the can. Season it with salt, black pepper, bay leave and rosemary. Let it simmer until it is thicken and you can freeze the sauce for your future usage.
Share this Recipe