Happy National Hamburger Day!
As we have discussed various articles last week, a juicy hamburger maybe enticing treat for you and your little ones, however there are many drawbacks that come with it!
To enable your children to enjoy their favorite burgers guilt-free, why not try preparing healthy burger recipes for your kids instead?
If you are looking for kids-friendly healthy burger recipes, this hidden veggie beef burger recipe is something you need to bookmark to your list.
Grab the following ingredients and follow the instructions to get started today! Don’t forget to comment below should you have any other healthy burger recipes to share with us!
- 500 g Steak / Beef mince ground beef
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini courgette
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Grate the onion, carrot and zucchini and squeeze as much liquid out as possible (I placed the grated vegetables in a clean cloth to squeeze)
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and flatten to make burgers slightly bigger than your burger buns. (As they will shrink slightly when you cook)
- Place an indent in the centre of each burger using your thumb. (This stops the burger from doming and shrinking)
- Cook on a BBQ or place in a frying pan. Cook for 3/4 mins on one side (until the bottom is nicely browned. Flip and cook for a further 2/3 mins until cooked through.
Share this Recipe