Happy Peanut Butter Cookie Day!
Do your kids love eating peanut butter cookies? If so you might feel guilty to feed them with their favorite cookie due to the high sugar level and low nutrition value in it.
At Energise Kids, we believe that all parents are concerned about their kids’ health and well-being. Thus, looking for healthier kids’ recipes have always been one of our mission.
Today, we are bringing you a healthy kids cookie recipe to let your kids munch on their favorite snacks guilt-free.
If you liked this recipe, follow Energise Kids for more healthy cookie recipes for kids!
- 1 cup Peanut Butter all-natural
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 large – egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cup Flour whole wheat
- 3/4 cup Chocolate chips dark
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer combine the peanut butter and honey and beat until well incorporated. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add the salt, soda and flour and mix until it comes together to form a dough. Shape dough into small balls (about 1 tablespoon of dough each) and place on the prepared sheet. Use fork to lightly press each dough ball down. Press a few chocolate chips on the top of each dough cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies become slightly golden brown. (Note: Be careful to not over bake! Honey burns much more easily than sugar.)
- Remove from the oven and place the cookies on a wire rack to cool. Notes: You can stir the chocolate chips into the dough like traditional chocolate chip cookies but I always think they look extra pretty when I press them on the top.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Share this Recipe