- 2 chicken breast about 500 g
- 1 celery stick
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 tsp garlic salr
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain floor
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt & black pepper to season
- Cooking oil for frying or baking
Preparing the chicken
- 1. Cut chicken breast, celery stick and carrot into 1.5cm cubes and put in a food processor.
- 2. Add the garlic salt, Parmesan cheese, salt & pepper to taste and pulse until all ingredients are mixed well.
Preparing the breading stations
- 3. Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
- 4. Mix the flour with a little salt and pepper, and spread out on a plate.
- 5. Spread out the breadcrumbs on another plate.
Assemble the nuggets
- 6. Moisten hands to prevent sticking and form 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture into a ball. Press into a cookie cutter for shaped nuggets or flatten with fingers for a basic nugget shape.
- 7. Press nuggets into flour, dip it in egg wash, then in the breadcrumbs.
Choose what to do next
- 8. Fry it! Put the oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the nuggets for 2–3 minutes each side, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper and cool slightly before serving. OR
- 9. Bake it! Pre-heat oven to 200⁰C. Arrange nuggets on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly spray nuggets themselves with cooking spray or olive oil for a crispier coating (optional). Bake 15-20 minutes, turning once, and checking - don't overcook! OR
- 10. Freeze it! - To freeze put uncooked, coated chicken nuggets on baking sheet lined. Cover with cling film and freeze until solid then transfer to a re-sealable box or freezer bag. Cook direct from frozen, adding 1 minute extra cooking time for frying and 3-4 minutes extra for baking.
Share this Recipe