1. In a powerful blender, pulse chickpeas until they reach a powder-like state.
2. Transfer chickpea flour to a strainer and strain over a large bowl.
3. Add the garlic powder, onion powder, baking soda, turmeric, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
4. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
5. In a bowl or liquid measuring cup, combine water, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
7. Let batter rest for 2 minutes.
8. Pour the mixture into a cupcake tin and add your toppings of choice
9. Bake 15 minutes.
10. Allow to cool, but serve warm.
Kid-Friendly Vegan Pancakes
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC)
2. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
3. In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla, and stir to combine. Let it sit for 5-7 minutes.
4. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the batter onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, smooth batter out so it is even on all sides.
7. Add toppings of your choice
8. Bake for 15 minutes
9. Freeze for up to 1 month or serve warm with maple syrup.
Quinoa Pizza Burgers
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
2. In a large bowl add the quinoa, beans, tomato, paste, and seasonings. 3. Using a potato masher, mash the ingredients until thoroughly mixed together.
4. Take a quarter of quinoa-bean mixture and shape it into a patty using your hands. Repeat with the remaining mixture to create four patties.
5. Place the patties on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Top with mozzarella, and bake for 12-15 minutes.
6. Place the patties on buns, and top with tomato sauce, shredded 7. Parmesan, and fresh basil.
Popcorn Tofu Nuggets
1. Add the mayonnaise to a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, nutritional yeast, paprika, and garlic powder.
2. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
3. Slice the tofu in half to form two thinner slabs. Wrap the tofu in paper towels and place a heavy object on top. Let drain for 10 minutes.
4. Slice the drained tofu into cubes.
5. Coat the tofu cubes in mayonnaise and then coat in bread crumb mixture.
6. Place nuggets on a wire rack over a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.
8. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
Roasted Red Pepper Vegan Mac 'N' Cheese
1. In a medium-sized pot or dutch oven over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until semi translucent.
2. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add the soaked cashews, red pepper, nutritional yeast, tomato paste, cornstarch, salt, paprika, ground mustard, turmeric, and vegetable broth, and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer sauce back into pot and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
5. Add pasta to the pot and stir until sauce is evenly distributed.
6. Top with smoked paprika and serve immediately.